of daily goings on

too tired. stayed up too late (although not upset in the slightest about it) talking to lydia on the phone for over 2 hours. this is what happens when we go for over a week without talking to each other, lol.

EDIT: updated posts :)

Because I had a lot of bug bites from the night before, I took some Benadryl last night so that I could not only sleep, but hopefully have the welts go down. But also, because of the benadryl coma, I missed the morning worship practice, but at the same time, it shouldn't be too bad. Although I'll be site-reading on Sunday morning, I think it should still be ok. I know the basic run down of everything.

Super excited about the Omaha Royals baseball game tomorrow. Should be fuuun. Mostly for socializing with people and such, but (sadly) it's my first baseball game ever. Haha...

I was going to take the car to the library really quick to pick up some items I had on hold, but just as I was about to head out, I looked out the side bedroom windows, only to notice that Jim was using the car to hook up a winch to a small snow shovel to move some of the soil out of the walkways and into the growing area in the garden. Sooo... needless to say, I opted for the bike. I love the little library here. It reminds me of the library back in Hood River.

Got back to the house, planted a few rows of tomatoes and checked on the other rows and fixed some of them up before watering everything one-by-one by hand as we currently still lack sprinklers to properly water everything.

Later, Jim picked up some back-and-forth sprinklers to help with watering, which will help miles as the plants require a lot of water in all this heat. Then he played around with the auger a bit more, testing it out, deciding whether or not to keep it and suchhh... Then we had dinner -- which was provided by Annette from church. I can't even begin to say how much of a blessing it was when she brought over some salad, a few casseroles (one to freeze and eat later) and some banana bars. So wonderful. She said it was because we just moved, and after just moving, the last thing one wants to worry about is putting food on the table, which was true, but still, it was incredibly wonderful of her.

Then I watched part of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but fell asleep through most of it, so I'll have to watch the rest tomorrow, I suppose.

Then we went to the fireworks display that had been postponed due to all the rain from the 4th. I was excited, but sadly, it ended up being a dud because they'd changed them to Sunday night, and we'd failed to check the posting online to see that it'd been changed again. Bummer. But oh well, something to do tomorrow, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment