7.19.2010

of nasty habits and caffeine

Woke up this morning, and had a large argument with my alarm clock... so I guess I should say that I didn't actually wake up, but instead, I fought with my alarm clock in semi-consciousness for several hours. That aside, the weather wasn't too bad with the exception of a flash storm for like, 2 minutes, complete with wind, rain, thunder, and lightning. Then it blew away. No big.

It's been raining on and off for the last week, so the grass really needs to be mowed, but the downside to all the rain is that the grass is too wet to cut... and now it's almost getting too long. 

Read a chapter in my book for my summer class. I really need to get cracking at all that reading I have for that class. Top priority now. Then I motivated myself enough to get out of bed and shower... noticed a unique scent of dog poop on my way down the hall towards the stairs. Glanced in the pink-and-blue room, and what do you know. 3 lovely deposits. Great... Apparently we're all distracted enough to not realize how often Lacy is getting outside and when she really needs to go out, so she's been using the upstairs for this purpose. Someone was in the bathroom, and I was kinda upset about the fact that Lacy has been using the upstairs and not being supervised properly in a new house as a puppy, so I just went back to my room, got dressed and headed out. No shower (heaven forbid, I know). Otherwise, no one was around to talk about the dog issue... later, I eventually found people again, so Jan picked up a baby gate to put at the top of the stairs to keep her from going upstairs to continue in this habit.

I went to HyVee and picked up some cookies and coffee for a snack. Mmmm coffee. It was a bottled Starbucks Frap: Not my favorite, mind. Definitely not my first pick, but it was better than nothing for sure. Man, it put me on SUCH a caffeine high too, because I haven't had it in so long.

Headed over to the library and drank my coffee while just messing around online, formulating a playlist for Kim to run to, until I remembered that I would have to find all the files for the songs in order to email her the list... more work, so I'll work on that later. I'm so slow at this, lol. It's sad... also? it's kinda a long list.

Then I got bored with the library and felt like I'd been there for a long time, so I headed out and called Kara. She was super busy with Pearl's Place sorting cherries and helping customers, so I let her go, saying I'd call her later... crud, should do that as I still haven't...

Then I drove over to McComb park (I go there a lot) and called Danielle. It was awesome talking to her. We talked for like, an hour. It was fantastic. I miss that girl so much. We talked about goodness knows, everything. It was great. (I mean, I guess. It could have been a lot better, but you know...) lol. :-P

Ohmygoodness, my new favorite song is Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri. I've listened to this song allll day, it's slightly ridiculous, and some might say overkill, but I love it.



After dinner, I talked with Jim for a super long time about everything that's going on with the farm, what I thought was going to happen, what has happened, is happening, and what needs to happen... and other stuff. Including "training Lacy not to chase the chickens" it was an eye opening experience to say the least. To give you an idea, here is a quote that was running through my head about this very thing:

"Orcs are roaming freely across our lands. Unchecked. Unchallenged. Killing at will."
                                                - Éomer, LotR: TTT

No comments:

Post a Comment