6.24.2010

of depressing and awkward things, and dinner


I woke up today in a bad mood. I just woke up mad. Everything was making me upset. Between the lack of move, and generally everything else. Probably doesn’t help that I realized when I woke up that I dreamt last night that I was going to be arranged in a marriage to Pastor Baumann. That didn’t fly so well and when I realized (in my dream) what was going on, I took off in the car out of the church to Walmart, which, in my dream, was next to the Clackamas Town Center mall, and then it started pouring rain, and then some Mexican who didn’t speak a lick of English crashed into the driver’s side of my car when I had parked. I called 911, but they hung up on me. I woke up soon after. Needless to say, it wasn’t the best dream.

The move doesn’t look like it’s going to work, Jim’s saying something about his mom needing to go in for some kind of surgery some time soon, I don’t know when because no one is giving me anything related to details about anything, and he’s saying she’s probably not going to be here for some reason relating to that.

I spent a long time on the phone with my parents because of this, and also, it was good to talk with them. I’ve been here around a week now and I just feel like I haven’t done anything even remotely related to my internship, and I don’t have a job, which is incredibly discouraging. I’m super down about it.

While on the phone at one point, I was just walking along the road and got a straight up checking-out & cat-call whistle from these two guys on a motorcycle. Um… awkward. I didn’t do anything and just kept walking.

Then after I got off the phone, I went to The Depot with Jan. Supposedly a good restaurant with bad beer from their microbrewery. When we walked in the door, I got a straight-up cat call whistle again. I didn’t look over. They whistled again, only much slower to make sure I noticed. Oh, I did. I still didn’t look over. I’m sorry, but we just don’t condone stuff like that out in the PNW, I don’t know what planet you are from, you weirdo. Jan and I sat in a different room and ordered our food. I got this fantastic chicken burger. It was sooo incredibly good.

Jim would have come with us, even though he doesn’t really like the food they have at the Depot, but he was on this skype conference call with these other guys about setting up some sort of programming for a facebook application where people can take this personality quiz for like, $20. I didn’t really want to ask him anything else about it, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment